LAtest Related Post

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Virus recently installed itself! help me to remove it fast!?

Posted by Unknown at 01:07

Virus recently installed itself! help me to remove it fast!?

Question by darklord0211: Virus recently installed itself! help me to remove it fast!?
I was pissing around on some site and this ad came up on the side, because i'm a giant idiot, i love to mess with these sites. They ask stupid questions, so I like to answer them all wrong to see if it still passes.

Only this time, it instantly installed something before i could cancel it onto my PC.

Its called "InstallPlus500.exe" I tried to cancel but i was too slow. I then asked chrome to send me to its file location, it didn't do anything. Im currently doing a few virus scans and I need help fast!

Please tell me where this virus is and how to remove it!
Thank you!
www.plus500.com/StartTrading.aspx

I think that is the website.

PS: I have a good understanding of Software, but please give me the answer in an Easy-To-Follow way.
I'm about to post the exact location from where I bought it from, i'd recommend you don't click on it. (If it is clickable.)


http://download.plus500.com/DownloadService.svc/InstallNewDownloader?bid=0&hl=en&id=2081&tags=RMX_UK&pl=2&refurl=http%3a%2f%2fcontent.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net%2fatoms%2fba%2fef%2f7c%2f3c%2fbaef7c3c3085613e9003d8456ceb2a91.swf%3fclickTag%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fad.z5x.net%2fclk%3f3%2ceAGljcEOgjAQRL-GGwdbWgppPBQLaqBRFGLKxUgRONRIRELk6wU0.oBzmZnd7FtgUQcgdLFzRNzyWipYUmDZQJELdorcXFBKIcQ2wgC7lskmrRoZ9p48kXSuLBpA2H8iq5hi7P4pe2fyta-DIfquW9Xib.zTuKiqmT9ytmz8O0uC2t5w6f3gvNC70-GWJfIVJdltt.afIgm0OIJaQH-cpUPG4yFL1EvwWov4d7k0TQMig3hNl5-7hzYIfwNfnVSQ%2c/
To the silly bastard who said "Why are you downloading software when you don't even know what it is or what it does?"

Read my entire damn question.
Don't start thinking for one instance that you know everything, I unwilling download and installed a virus.

I clicked on an ad. It downloaded a VERY small file onto my computer and then deleted its original file.

Now, try and tell me that these are not the properties of a virus?


Best answer:


Answer by brisray
It's not a virus so your anti-virus program isn't going to find anything. Plus500 is foreign exchange (FOREX) trading software for a brokerage company. The company is registered under the name Plus500UK Ltd with registration #07024970. The FSA (Financial Services Authority - http://www.fsa.gov.uk/ ) registration number for the firm is ID #509909. Here's their website - http://www.plus500.com/

And it didn't just install itself, you had to give permission to install it.

You should be able to uninstall it using the standard Windows uninstall.

Why are you downloading software when you don't even know what it is or what it does?

EDIT

You may have downloaded a virus but not from that link you gave. I've just downloaded that software to one of our company's sacrificial testing computers and you're talking crap if you say that's a virus or lying about where you got it from.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2013 Forex Trading Signals | Web Hosting